1990 Silverado Horn problem

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by quackman, Aug 4, 2012.

1. quackman

quackman New Member

It has been a while since I have been on so yall forgive me, I have a 1990 Silverado 4x4 that my son drives (my first new truck ever, 76000 original miles!!) he advised me his horn quit working so I checked it out, could not locate a fuse or relay, I removed the horn button to find a wire with a spring on it not hooked to anything on the spring end, does this hook up, is the fuse marked as something else and where would the relay be? I would like to get it working as I am a fanatic about having everything working in my vehicles, which are all Chevy's. Can anyone help me with this ??
    I would appreciate all the information your great minds will allow me!

2. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Check and make sure all other accesories work... That'll give ya an idea if its the fuse or not... IF you only checked the panel that's inside the truck between the door jam and the dash, also check the fuses under the hood. If you happen to have the owner's manuel, check that.

3. quackman

quackman New Member

Thanks I will do that, I do think all the other accessories do work

4. txtruck91

txtruck91 New Member

if all others work try placing the spring back in the hole it sit's in. i know when mine stoped i pulled it out and placed it back in a few time and i must have got it in there right this time. i have not had any problem and it's been a year now.

5. quackman

quackman New Member

Ok guys , it has been repaired, txtruck91 hit the nail on the head, spring was out of the hole, I did not now where that thing actually went but I do now, thank you all for your assistance!!!!!!!!!!

6. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Wahhh, my horn doesn't work now! Fuses are fine... what next!?

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Did your spring come out of the hole too?