1990 Suburban 5.7 l EFI, stalls when shifted to drive and rev.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by kpmc56, Sep 21, 2012.

1. kpmc56

kpmc56 New Member

This might be one of those "since yous". Since I had to replace a bad ignition coil, I also replaced the ignition module, dist. cap and rotor, wires and plugs. Set the timing to 0 deg TDC as prescribed,but the truck stalls when shifted to Drive or Rev. Tried advancing the timing slightly, but no help. It has never done this before and I think I may have disturbed something to cause this. Also noticed a chattering of the injectors that I do not believe was there before. inspected vacuum lines, but saw nothing apparent. Any Ideas?

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Are you getting any check engine light? Does it run smooth before you put it in gear?

3. kpmc56

kpmc56 New Member

no lite. I disconnected the idle air sensor while it was running, no difference. shut it off read the sensor with a meter, it was good. pulled it and sprayed the inlet, re installed, but left it unplugged. it started and had a high idle, but went into drive and rev with no stall. drove it, no stall. I haven't plugged the sensor back in to see if it reverts back to being stupid,ing and it is running,, any ideas?