1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1990 Suburban 5.7 l EFI, stalls when shifted to drive and rev.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by kpmc56, Sep 21, 2012.

1. kpmc56

kpmc56 New Member

This might be one of those "since yous". Since I had to replace a bad ignition coil, I also replaced the ignition module, dist. cap and rotor, wires and plugs. Set the timing to 0 deg TDC as prescribed,but the truck stalls when shifted to Drive or Rev. Tried advancing the timing slightly, but no help. It has never done this before and I think I may have disturbed something to cause this. Also noticed a chattering of the injectors that I do not believe was there before. inspected vacuum lines, but saw nothing apparent. Any Ideas?
  2. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Are you getting any check engine light? Does it run smooth before you put it in gear?
  3. kpmc56

kpmc56 New Member

no lite. I disconnected the idle air sensor while it was running, no difference. shut it off read the sensor with a meter, it was good. pulled it and sprayed the inlet, re installed, but left it unplugged. it started and had a high idle, but went into drive and rev with no stall. drove it, no stall. I haven't plugged the sensor back in to see if it reverts back to being stupid,ing and it is running,, any ideas?