1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1990 Suburban brakes

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Knucklehead, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Rockstar 100 Posts

My Suburban has recently started pulling to the left during braking, well the steering wheel turns , not so much the truck. So my first step was to change the calipers, and the problem is still there. The tires pressure is correct , theres plenty of fuild pumping through the brake lines and the master cylinder seems to be working correctly. Also i noticed it seems like brake dust collects faster than i remember. I dont know if they are related problems , but any suggestions would be helpful!
  2. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Make sure that the floating pins are properly lubed and/or not frozen.
  3. corova

corova New Member

check your speed sensors
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Check the front brake lines to make sure they arent expanding under pressure, this happens a lot on lifted trucks.
  5. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

did you change the rotors with the calipers?
  6. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Rockstar 100 Posts

Sorry it took so long to get back , yes about a week after i posted and its still the same story , im thinking the brake lines, although there is no visual defects i understand that they can deteriorate from the inside first.
  7. mespe

mespe New Member

Well, can you tell us what you found to be the problem?
  8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just get full steel braided brake lines, better in heavy braking and no expansion of the lines either, they are woth the extra $$. Also even an alignment/tire balance can cure brake pull
  9. mespe

mespe New Member

Turns out my left front rubber brake line was expanding, causing the RF brake to pull the truck to the right. What a PITA conencting the LF steel brake line to the proportioning valve,,, should have taken 15 minutes to replace the lines, took me 2 hours and alot of frustration. but the truck brakes straight now. So it's on to the next step WVO conversion.