1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1991 1500 pictures?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by ChrisZ71, Jan 26, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChrisZ71

ChrisZ71 New Member

I recently bought my uncles 91 Z71. Just wondering if anyone on here had one with some pictures. I've been thinking of putting a small lift kit on with some bigger tires. Dont know what I want to do really. Was wanting to see some different pics of peoples to see what they look like to give me some ideas.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm assuming its a 4X4. Sorry don't have any pictures but Skyjacker makes a 2" lift with a rear add-a-leaf and gas shocks. It retails for $746.00 but shop around I'm sure you can find it cheaper. The part # is C256K-N
  3. berg

berg New Member

I have a 98 GMC and looking to do the same. Considering 285/75 or 285/70 tires on 16x8's and a 2" key with 2" blocks. Or possibly the Rough Country 2-3" lift that includes the control arms, diff drop bracket, etc. although I'm not sure that would be worth it.

This is my daily driver with 3.43 gears and I tow a ski boat all summer long so that is as far as I'm willing to go on a lift. I've never been real crazy about body lifts - I think the tow hitch looks gay hanging way down under a body lift, even if the bumpers have been bracketed back up to the right height. Unless there's a way to raise up the tow bar??

I'm not having much luck finding good pictures and profile shots of this body style truck with this setup (88-98). Maybe I'm not searching with the right words? See a lot of pictures of the newer trucks (99-10) with leveling kits though...

Here are a few but still not a great example of the exact setup I'm looking for...

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/gallery_chevy88 .htm
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011