Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1991 G20 Van Fuse Locate Problem Please Help.

Discussion in 'Chevy Uplander & GM Minivan Forum' started by reload69, Jan 15, 2011.

1. reload69

reload69 New Member

I had a dead battery which i replaced 2 months ago. I noticed that before the old battery had died the automatic lock doors would unlock themselves. I assumed this was a sign of the battery dying. Once I brought it to Kraigens to have the battery checked they just handed me a new one without trying to charge the old one. So after i Installed the new one I was running fine for about 2 month then I did not use the van for 4 days and had a dead battery again finding all the doors unlocked. I jumped the battery and it started up. And had the alternator tested just in case but it checked out fine. Since I'm paying attention now I'm noticing the doors unlock themselves once every few hours. This had been drawing my battery life and i would prefer to just disconnect automatic doors from the fuse box. Non of the fuses say there for the doors so I'm not sure which one to pull. or if there is another box I'm not finding. The one i did find does have window fuses and i tried them which of coarse did not stop the doors. If any one has any knowledge of the location of the fuse to pull I would really appreciate your help. I put a Link to a picture of the fuse box i have been using which is near the e-brake pedal. Thanks again

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14426329@N04/5352901461/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14426329@N04/5352900017/

Attached Files:

2. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm not near my '86 manual, but I tried searching, and I couldn't find it either. I will try to locate the fuse position and post it Monday.
    By the way, where does the red wire with the burnt terminal go? That doesnt' look too heathy...

Good luck,

3. reload69

reload69 New Member

Thank you for the reply. I could use the help. I have to double check the red wire but i believe it's to the A/C

4. KidHauler

I goofed, my G30 is a 85. It's my understanding that our two trucks are basically the same, despite the difference in years - disclaimers aside, my book shows that the power locks are run through the 30a circuit breaker marked "PWR ACC". Looking at your picture, and my book, it is the silver box in the upper right corner of the fuse block.

Pull that and check for corrosion, or just replace it and see if the problem stops. Another thought I had was that there may be a short in the lock switch itself. I don't have power locks, so I can't help you with that, but I figure you could pull the switch and look for corrosion there, too. Then again, it's cold out, so pulling the breaker and waiting for a warmer day would be a good idea, too.

Good luck,

5. reload69

reload69 New Member

Thanks you. My battery is dead so after its charged i'll pull the fuse you suggested and cross my fingers. I'll report back for anyone interested. Again Kidhauler thanks alot.

6. reload69

reload69 New Member

That solved my problem. Thanks again for you help. This is a great forum

7. KidHauler

Hey, you're welcome. Now, how about a picture of the van, ya know, for the effort?

D