1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1991 GMC Phantom Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by matthewc, Oct 11, 2008.

1. matthewc

matthewc New Member

Hi I was wondering if anyone has heard of the Phantom package for the 1991 4X4 GMC Suburban? I bought mine a couple of years ago and have been unable to find out any details about the "Phantom Package" I am not sure if it was a dealer add on package or what. Here are the details on what I think the package included:
    -Front and mid Captains Chairs.
    -Real wood trim throughout to include center console, overhead pod with integrated spot lights, auxiliary switch panel, and cool black plexiglass center piece with a bunch of little lights under it, rear wood cup holders and rear wood roof line trim with concealed lights.
    -Phantom pinstriped on rear quarter panels.
    -Integrated running boards/wheel flares.

Well that is all I can think of right now that makes it different than your run of the mill Burban. If anyone has heard of this package or could point me in a direction to find more info about it I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Matt
  2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I googled it and all it brings up is a phantom grill that was put in the jimmys, subs, ect. sorry i couldn't help you out more. maybe someone here will know more about it.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I saw a 1990 all black Phantom Suburban at Bob Frink Chevrolet in Sacramento, Ca. in 1991. It was a conversion done by an unknown company. The dealership took the truck in on trade and didnt know anything about where the conversion was done. It didnt have any placards or owners manuals with it, I do know the truck was registered in Nebraska prior to ending up in Ca.
  4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Could you post a picture, please?

Does the front bumper look different than other suburbans?
  5. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

All I can find are body mouldings, but nothing worth noting. Sooo.... anyone else?

How about running your VIN at the dealership to see what the build sheet and specs have to say?

*shrugs*

At the very least it sounds like you have a nice unique custom job that you can appreciate.
  6. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

wow sounds cool. I've never heard of it before though.
  7. matthewc

matthewc New Member

I will try and get some pictures today once it warms up a little bit, it's a little Chilly in Colorado this morning. I did the whole Google thing trying to find information and yeah there is not much out there, I found all kinds of grills and tail light and head light black out kits but not much info in relation to my truck.

Springthing- Front bumper looks stock to me.

About 2 years ago I pulled all the wood and refinished it because it was in pretty rough shape. I have a lot of plans for the burb this year, hopefully I will be able to get half of what I have planned done. Sadly the Burb has not received a lot of attention over the last 3 years (beyond routine service) because I had a sports car that took all my money :) Well the sports cars gone now so the Burb can start absorbing my excess income:lol:
  8. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

As we all have "Googled" to find info on your Suburban, pictures would be great!
  9. matthewc

matthewc New Member

Here are the pictures as promised. As you can see she is the somewhat standard two tone blue and gray/silver with the standard clear coat peeling issues of the era. I have been doing a lot of research and am really considering using dark gray smooth Durabak coating (bed liner material but smooth) to cover the whole bottom half of my Burb. This will add superior protection from the elements and the trails I will hopefully be taking her to once I get her built up.

Exterior:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Phantom Logo:

[​IMG]
  10. matthewc

matthewc New Member