1991 TBI 350 junk or good

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Shawns gmc, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Shawns gmc

Shawns gmc New Member

Hi can anyone please tell me are the TBI 350 any good ? :glasses: is 118000 mile alot on a timing chain ? would a bad chain cause my truck to all of a sudden start pinging im at a loss i have a bad very bad spine and can't do the work that i use to . Car accident three of them none my fault so if i have to do it i want to make sure that that's what it is. If any one reading this want's to get paid that would be no problem i have all the tool's need'ed air and regular tool's Harmonic balancer puller and all heated garage to i live in Plymouth wi just leave me a message THANK YOU SHAWN... you can E-mail me as well shawnhammes45@gmail.com :sign0023:

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Personally, I like my 350 TBI. It's not a crazy fuel-inefficient carburetor that's impossible to tune, but since it's already installed it's not a $3-5 grand fuel-injection system that would never pay off in better fuel mileage.

A timing chain should last a lot longer than 100K in my opinion, but it could be out.

3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Did you get the problem solved?