1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1992 Silverado Mode Actuator Linkage

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by northwave305, Aug 15, 2012.

1. northwave305

northwave305 New Member

First of all, in what manual can I find diagrams like this? Bought an online Haynes manual and it had nothing like this:

hvac.jpg

When I switch to defrost, no air comes out. The actuator moves and changes between floor and vent no problem, when switching to defrost, there is no air coming out anywhere.

In the diagram, in View A, take a look at the left linkage of #65. I don't have that. One end of the linkage is still connected to the actuator but the other end is missing and nothing is connected to the post. I'm guessing that missing linkage is what controls the defrost door.

Now, where the hell can I get that missing linkage?

PS: Anyone wondering how or why that is missing?!
  2. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Welcome to the forum! OK, I'll bite, how/why is it missing? Dorman has a huge assortment of reproduction replacement parts, you might be able to find one from them.
  3. northwave305

northwave305 New Member

Sorry, wish I had a good story for you, but I have no idea. I was just wondering if anyone else besides me thought it was strange that it was gone! It seems like it would be unlikely that it would just fall off with only half of it remaining.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check them out.
  4. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Can't remember who to give credit to for this link but GM parts direct has these types of diagrams for all thier parts. http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/