Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1993 Chevy Suburban C1500 won't start and has no spark from the coil

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by leb01amg, Nov 19, 2013.

1. leb01amg

leb01amg New Member

I have a 1993 Chevy Suburban C1500 with an automatic transmission. Recently it stalled on me when making low speed turns but would restart. I changed the distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires, and spark plugs and the vehicle continued to stall. The truck finally died on me and I had it towed home where I replaced the distributor (with ignition module) and IAC valve. The vehicle ran fine for weeks until I went to bleed my brakes. While depressing the brake pedal during the bleeding process, the vehicle began to run erratic and stalled. I completed bleeding the brakes and the truck began to run progressively worse with each depression of the brake pedal. As I backed out of my driveway, the truck stalled and I haven’t been able to restart it since. I have fuel spaying in the injectors (perfect spray pattern) but I have no spark from the coil. I am reading 12 volts from the control module to the coil but not spark. The only code I got for the body computer was low voltage to the fuel pump relay. The coil is new, distributor & module is new, and I changed the IAC valve twice. My truck does not have an electronic spark control module under the hood or under the body computer. I suspect the body computer but I was wondering if it would still produce codes and fire the injectors if it were bad. Is there a possibility that the coil I purchased is bad and how common are bad aftermarket parts? I know Delphi had some problems a few years back.

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

*****Thread moved to correct section of Forum****

3. GeoLow97

GeoLow97 Member

Just wondering...did you get the suburban straightened out? Sounds like quite a perplexing issue . I'd like to know your findings, should I encounter a similar problem. Don't have a TBI truck right now, but I've never been more than a year or so without one since '88.