1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1993 Chevy truck ecm?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Gmguy1, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Gmguy1

Gmguy1 New Member

Hi i have a 1993 chevy truck half ton. TBI, i have no spark, and my fuel pump won't come on. It won't even prime. Anyways i have replaced the Ignition control module, the coil, and checked all fuses, even the fuel pump fuse...there all good. Any suggestions? Im thinking the ECM took a dumb. I tested from jumper AtoB turend the key on and i got no codes...does this mean the ecm is bad? Im lost... it just died completly while driving.
  2. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

Bummer, dude. I don't know what to check next.
    Ask this question in the General Tech section, and add your engine size and tranny and see if somebody can guide you through.

Good luck, and welcome to the Club!
  3. Gmguy1

Gmguy1 New Member

ok and yeah it is a bummer..trust me lol.
  4. Crispyt

Crispyt New Member

When you jump the pins for the engine light does it do the blink code 12? 1 flash pause... 2 flashes.... then repeats 12? 12 means normal which may mean that its not an ecm problem. If you dont get that id put my money on a new ECM which is about $120. There not a lot for your year.

Good luck, hope you can get it running soon!
  5. Gmguy1

Gmguy1 New Member

Hey i think your right cause i even bought a scan tool. The scan tool didn't do anyting either, although it was one of those cheap ones lol.
  6. Crispyt

Crispyt New Member

Try gettting a new ecm let me know what it was when you fix it. Im curious of what it is.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

I work at autozone an when I was there I checked the price on an ECM for your truck. Assuming it was a 4WD and had a 5.7L it will be $100 for it. But there are a few different ones listed so you will need to get the number off your old ECM so you get the right one. There is also a core charge on the so bring the old one in so you dont get charged for the core up front. Reguardless of the engine its about $100 for the ECM. There was also one listed for $70 depending on the number on your old ECM.

Good luck!
  7. Chris Miller

Chris Miller New Member

Try the fuel pump relay before you spend that $$$. :)
    It should be around $15 for a decent one.
  8. 1991 Suburban

1991 Suburban New Member

I purchased my Suburban from my parents. Several years ago, my Mom had basically the same issue. She would be driving along, and it would just die. Luckily, if after it had cooled off for about 10 minutes, it would start again, and run for a while before dying again. They replaced the ECM, and it has run fantastic ever since, with the exception of my elusive "tbi won't spray during startup" issue, which I have never been able to track down, but it hasn't been a problem lately.

Good luck!
  9. kcfocus1

kcfocus1 New Member

If your oil pressure sending unit is bad or the connection is?????? The truck is designed to kill the fuel so the engine doesn't seize from lack of oil.
  10. jailbird441999

jailbird441999 New Member

check the fuse box, litterly push every fuse in. my 94 did the same thing and i push on all the fuses with my hand and it start and never had a problem since. I has always told check the cheap stuff first