1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1993 GMC 1500 work questions.....

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Chris9126, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Chris9126

Chris9126 New Member

So I picked up this truck tonight, the seller told me it had the motor/trans rebuilt 40K ago, it's a 350/auto... There's a small list of things that need fixed. Here goes:

Temperature gauge, seems to work all right & then just suddenly jumps way off the gauge, then goes back to normal...
    Oil pressure gauge, at least I hope it's malfunctioning, reads low on the oil pressure, I'm not sure but hoping it's something with that side of the cluster gauge...

If anybody has had these symptons & fixed them, let me know how... I've never dealt with any gauges or anything.

I will update on the knocks I hear, I dread the thought, but I believe they're coming from inside the motor. It was one of those things I didn't hear until I got it home... In probably 5-6 months I will use the truck to pull a trailer & a 3500+/- crawler...

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, & also it has had a new heavy duty starter installed. It sounds like **** when it turns over, high pitched squealing, horrible. He says it needs to be schimmed, ??