Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1993 GMC Sierra K1500

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by ThatGuy1982, Mar 22, 2010.

1. ThatGuy1982

ThatGuy1982 New Member

Last week I got a 1993 GMC Sierra K1500 with a 5.7L 350 and have been working of fixing it up for my daily driver and it seems to run OK till I start going up hills then it acts like it starving for air( no power )... I changed the air filter... Put in a K&N in... It helped it some but still doest run like it should.... The engine was replaced a before I got it and the replacement engine has only 46,000 miles on it... I checked the timing it was set right... It has a new cap and button and wires.... I put in new plugs... I checked all the vacuum lines and there connected right and none broken all the wiring seems fine.... The check engine light is on and I get the code #35 ( idle air control sensor circuit fault ) would that cause this problem... Thanks...

2. ThatGuy1982

ThatGuy1982 New Member

Anyone? LOL...

3. greenbastard

greenbastard New Member

im no expert but have you checked the catylittic converter it might be clogged?

4. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There is an IAC sensor mounted on the pass side of the TBI.

$20 bucks to replace it, but you could remove it and clean it with TBI cleaner first to see if that would haelp.

5. ThatGuy1982

ThatGuy1982 New Member

None on it.... It has a test pipe on it which is fine by me.... :lol:

I will check it out and see it that fixes it....

6. ThatGuy1982

ThatGuy1982 New Member

Well I cleaned it up and seemed to idle smoother... I took the battery wire off to reset the computer and now I get a error code 43 and 34.....