1993 Silverado Bump Steer Issues

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by OleBlue93, Sep 19, 2010.

1. OleBlue93

OleBlue93 New Member

i have a 1993 silverado heavy half ton with a 3 inch body lift and 35 inch allterains and it occurred to me that i had horrible bump steer when my buddy drove it (im used to the steering) but i have brand new ball joints tie rods idler arm pitman arm on the truck im trying to figure out what else could be the cause of the bump steer i have been told the steering box could be bad but im not 100% sure

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The steering boxes in these trucks are notorious for the steering to be sloppy, and loose. and with all new high quality parts that is the next place to look, also check the torque on your lift parts since those can work their way loose.

3. hundojoe

hundojoe Rockstar 100 Posts

Whens the last time it had an alignment, Id start with that.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Also look at the frame around the steering box, this generation truck wasnt as bad as the previous generation for cracking the frame around the steering box when running bigger tires but it does happen and this will contribute to bump steer.

5. OleBlue93

OleBlue93 New Member

ok i literally just got the ball joints finished so i knew alignment was next if that dosent fix it il go with a new steering box i have heard about that but also it bump steers after you go faster than 25 so idk if thats more info and by the way the lift is a body lift and the body bolts are tight as well when then body lift was installed the longer steering shaft was installed as well