1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1994 1500 ESC Location

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Josh, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Josh

Josh New Member

Okay been workin on my truck went from 5 different cel codes to two one problem though. the ESC has failed and everyone says its on the black bracket next to the tbi. very funny. its not there. can somebody tell me where shes at. is it next to the computer under the dash, hiding here or there. please help ive got the part already and the low rpm slowdown/stalling is getting old. any info is greatly appreciated. if someone has a picture of the location a schematic or something. all i know is it is saying a code 42 and 43 a timing error and a esc failure. causing a timing.Thanks
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

ESC, in laymans is called the Ignition control module. and it is under the distributor cap, with two bolts holding it down.
  3. Josh

Josh New Member

i read the esc was in the computer and the ignition module was in the dizzy
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

See i have heard both, and with your truck (1994) the ESC is in the computer, the older ones did as well from what i understand (ive had 6 1988-1994 Trucks) however im not an expert to be honest, and the ESC really was new to me till recently.