1994 2500 sub rear suspension

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Tru-one, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Tru-one

Tru-one New Member

HI ALL,
    I'm a newby here. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to remove the "inverted rear shackle" on the rear leaf suspension of a 94 2500 suburban and mount the leaf directly to the frame bracket? It appears that this could give me a 2-3" rear lift of the suburban body. Any helpful info woould be greatly appreciated!
    This looks like an awesome site, glad I found it

Thanks, Tru-One:great:

2. Jacqson

Jacqson Rockstar 100 Posts

OK, correct me if I'm wrong here but you want to remove the rear shackle and mount your springs to the rear hanger?

3. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you bolt the rear eye directly to the frame, your springs won't be able to work. You can buy a shackle flip kit though for some lift. I would probably just put blocks under the springs to keep your driveline angles as designed.

Either of these will lift the frame. Body lifts are a whole different thing.

4. Tru-one

Tru-one New Member

Thanks for the info. Where can I buy the "shackle flip kit" as I only need a small amount of lift? It would seem to me that this would be easier than the "blocks", idea as I would need aftermarket U-bolts for blocks as well. Would you agree?

5. Tru-one

Tru-one New Member

Yea, that's what I was thinking. My concern was just what 2cor517 affirmed. ie: the laef action would be limited. Any other input?

6. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think you will find lift blocks cheaper and much easier. Leaf spring bushings, shackles, and bolts suck to work on.