1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1994 Chevrolet 3500HD Tow Package

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by 33bmb33, Feb 5, 2013.

1. 33bmb33

33bmb33 New Member

I just recently bought a 1994 Chevrolet 3500HD dump truck. They had everything un-hooked for the towing capabilites but the controller is still in the cab. I got everything hooked up in the back at the plugin but the controller is not getting any power. There are 4 wires coming off of the controller, two whites, a black and a blue. I have the blue hooked up to the back plug in but the two whites and the black are not connected. Two whites run up near the battery and are not connected and the black was cut off about a foot after coming out of the cab into the engine compartment. Does anyone know where these wires go? Do one of the whites hook up directly to the battery and the other the ground? They both have connectors on them that are round and look like washers.

Thanks in advance for any help. Im completely lost with this stuff.