GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

1994 chevy silverado engine swap

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 350CI TBI, Sep 3, 2010.

1. 350CI TBI

350CI TBI New Member

Hi, my friend has a 1994 1500 silverado with a 350 tbi that is on its last legs. We have located a 1990 silverado with a poor body, but a strong motor. We are considering swapping his engine for the 1990s, but first would like to get some tips from people who have in the past attempted a similar project. If anyone can pass on some tips or pictures from a past 350 tbi swap it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

Its actually a direct bolt on process... You will want to swap over the TB off of the bad engine to the new engine and a few of the sensors you will want to swap so the plugs work properly.
    While you have it out i would take the time to Put in a new oil pump (just a precaution and so you dont have to mess with it incase there is a problem once it is in the truck), and clean the motor up, Also if there is a few extra $ around i would buy a set of shorty headers for a 1994 Chevy from Summit. that will eliminate those stupid exhaust doughnuts.
    Also replace the rear-main seal since these motors are notorious for leaking from them.
  3. 350CI TBI

350CI TBI New Member

Thanks for the tips Murdog, they're greatly appreciated.
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member

not a problem. Post some pics and keep us up on your progress, This will help anyone that may have to do this down the road as well.