1994 gmc 1500

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by steelersfanfrever, Jun 30, 2011.

1. steelersfanfrever

steelersfanfrever New Member

Hi I am steelersfanfrever I have a 1994 GMC 1500 4x4 it has 120,000 on it it runs good but every once in a wile it lopes, when you come to a stop light and have to wait for verry long. I replaced the idel air control valve,it seamed to be ok for 2 weeks now its doing it again. can anyone tell what it could be. thanks

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It could be one of a number of items causing your truck to lope....I would have the trucks computer Scan, to see if any Trouble Codes are present, at your local Auto Zone...O'Reillys etc......which they do at no charge.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. When you replaced the IAC did you clean out the area inside the throttlebody where the IAC goes in. If not remove the IAC and spray some throttlebody cleaner into it. Don't use carb cleaner. Also you may want to clean the throttlebody. I remove the t/body so I can clean top and bottom with a old toothbrush and t/body cleaner.

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!

5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club

6. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard! I like the Steelers but my main team is the Panthers but they suck so I guess that makes me a Steelers Fan too.

7. Crispyt

Crispyt Rockstar 100 Posts

Make sure that you dont have any vac. leaks either and that your EGR valve vac lines and EGR valve itself it all working correctly. Try cleaning your EGR valve too. Its just 2 bolts and a vac line and it pops off. Just clean it with some brake cleaner and a small wire brush. A lot of times carbon builds up and it causes a rough idle and a small loss of power too. Its worth cleaning as its pretty easy to do, you may find that you need to replace the gasket when you take if off but its only about 1$ for a new one. But like others have said clean your TB and inside the IAC valve area too. And make sure that you only use TB cleaner as the brake and carb. clean strips off the coating in the TB.

Good luck

8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome!......