1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1994 GMC Sierra 4.3 no spark, new ignition module, coil, pickup coil 180k

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by pounditflat, Aug 22, 2014.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. pounditflat

pounditflat New Member

1994 GMC Sierra 4.3 TBI 180k gently driven work truck
    Hi, I'm trying to get my truck running. I parked it one night and everything was fine. Next day I got in it to go to work and it won't start. It turns over fine, so I replaced the fuel pump because I couldn't hear it running. When I tried to crank it, same thing. It turns over but won't start. I can hear the fuel pump now. so I checked for spark, no spark. Ignition module, coil, pickup coil all new. I have power to the coil, but not getting anything from the coil to the cap. I tested the coil wire with my inductive pickup timing light, so not sending spark to the cap from the coil. I'm considering buying a new ECM since unplugging the tan/black stripe wire still did not produce a spark. Some time back I had trouble with corrosion at the coil, and so have recently replaced the coil and coil wire (less than 20,000k ago), but replaced ignition module, coil, and pickup coil this week. Still no spark. The check engine light works, but was not on and there are no trouble codes stored. it does flash 12 tho. Any advise would be appreciated. I'm stumped.