1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1994 silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by bigweave8842, Oct 18, 2013.

1. bigweave8842

bigweave8842 New Member

I just bought a 94 silverado. When i picked it up i didnt have a high and low beam on my drivers side. I replace the bulbs they work fine. So while i was checking those i found out that when i turn my left turn signal on they just flash like i have my hazards on. I turn my right turn signal on and it does the same thing. break lights and running lights work fine but just messed up when i turn my turn signals on they go crazy. Any help would be great thanks.

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

First, welcome to the site.

Check the bulbs on the side that is going crazy.

3. bigweave8842

bigweave8842 New Member

I have check and replaced all bulbs still does the same thing but i noticed when the left blinker is on the left arrow inside on the dash flashes regular. I turn the right blinker on and it blinks really fast but all the bulbs are new. The rear lights still flash like i have my hazards on when i turn either blinker on.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If the bulbs are new or known good then check the wire harnesses to ensure they havnt been repaired at some time, check the bulb sockets for corrosion, check the flasher relay and fuses for corrosion on their prongs.
    The flasher system works on a measured resistance, if theres greater resistance from an added wire connector or corrosion you get faster flashes, much like what happens when a bulb burns out.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I had a vehicle where the rear had some water leakage and caused some corrosion. That can be hard to see. Kept having issues with popping bulbs and at least once it wouldn't complete the circuit with a new bulb so I had to clean it all out and never had a problem after that.

6. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

Sometimes a bad ground in the lighting circuit can cause the other side to slightly pulsate or flash with the side that is activated, as well. Check all ground connections in the circuits, too.

7. Sounds like a bad ground, which is happening somewhere in the harness/wiring/connection. Happy digging!