1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1994 Sonoma meets deer

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by otis24, Dec 4, 2008.

1. otis24

otis24 Member

About a week ago, a doe passed in front of my 1994 Sonoma.I barely missed her. Unfortutely, her male suitor who was following closely behind her did not fare so well. He jumped in the air trying to clear me. He caught the cab of my pickup. Luckily, I only sustained a few scrapes. Had he come through the windshield, I would have been a gonner.
    [​IMG]
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

wow, glad no one was hurt. I spent enough time going over the passes and you see this happen from time to time, sometimes the result for the driver/ocupants is pretty bad.
  3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

wow glad you are ok!
  4. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow you got lucky! Glad to hear you're ok. Time for a chop top sonoma! :great:
  5. sweetdawg99

sweetdawg99 Rockstar

glad to hear you made it through ok.
    Just one question, didja get any venison?
  6. TomsHHR

TomsHHR Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I feel your pain. Glad you were not injured.

My #2 of 5
    [​IMG]

HHR's are built Deer tough.. Or its a 5 star Deer impact resistant.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  7. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm glad you are OK. I can tell by the hit that the back straps were spared - did you grab them?
    No shame man, I've done it. Watched a doe get hit in front of me - took her back to the house at 2 am amd had her back straps. Only trauma she had was in the head. Damn fine chow for spring time.
    By the way, whats going to happen to the truck?
  8. otis24

otis24 Member

I would have liked to harvested the venison. However, I was covered in glass. My wife picked me up and I went home right away to wash the glass out of my hair, ears and nose. By the time I got back, Game-Fish-and-Parks had removed the deer. My Father-in-law had just brought about thirty pounds of deer and antelope sausage from Colorado.

I had hoped to find another truck to drop the motor in from my Sonoma. The plan was to then cut up the bed for a small trailer. Another person here in town has a 1995 Blazer with a bad motor. He is buying my truck for $750 (less the brand new tires) and hopes to put my motor in his Blazer. I purchased a one-owner 1998 GMC Jimmy with 114K miles from the dealership where I work. I purchased my Sonoma a year ago for $4800. It had 109K miles and ran great. I was looking forward to putting another 100K on it.
  9. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Bumm deal man. Trucks are always special to us guys. I always hate to get rid of a good truck for any reason. Best of luck with the next one.
  10. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I agree that from the looks of your truck, you are lucky to be around to tell about it. We see a lot of deer that have been hit out here around the lake, but seldom to they do that much damage.