1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1995 C1500 4.3 Programmer Chip Installation

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Crispyt, Dec 7, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Crispyt

Crispyt New Member 100 Posts

I've been looking at putting a chip into my trucks ECM to gain a little more power and better gas millage. How hard would it be to put it in? I know you have to take your ECM out and put the new P-ROM chip in. Where could I get the right one and is it a difficult job to do? I only saw a stage 1 chip on eBay that was listed for about $150. The link is below, would that be one that would work with my truck?

1995 C1500 4.3L
    Manual trans. 5spd.
    JET TBI Spacer
    Upgraded plug wires

Stage 1 Chip:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330503311443&category=33597&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Thanks for your help all!
  2. pondfishr

pondfishr New Member

If yours is like a 94 model then it is really easy. The ECM is located under a trap door in your glove box. You remove the factory chip and install the new eprom. I purchased my stage 2 chip at Motorvation. You can call them up and they will explain what you need and help you with installation information.

You gain a slight increase in power and the transmission shifts out a little stronger. It didn't help my gas mileage from what I can tell. I still only get between 12 - 15 mpg on a good day.

Here is their website for GM trucks, http://www.motorvation.tv/chips_gm_light_trucks_vans.htm
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  3. dipstick

dipstick New Member 100 Posts

Myself would not chip it spend money not gain much if any. But everyone has a opinion.