1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1995 Chev G30 Rear Brake Inspection

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Biglar01, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Biglar01

Biglar01 New Member

Hello everyone, have a 1995 Chev G30 RV/class C motorhome with 454. I do not know what maintenance the previous owner accomplished thus presently going through inspecting everything. I have duallys on the back and I want to check the wear on the rear drum brake shoes but I have confirmed I have the type that I have to completely remove the tires/wheels and slide out the drive axles to get the drum off. Does anyone know if I inspect wear without doing so, is there inspection holes/access on the backing plate and if so what I'm I looking for or at?

Cheers, Biglar
  2. dipstick

dipstick Member 2 Years 100 Posts

No inspection plate..have to pull axles as you have said. Should not see 0,s unanswered post at a truck forum.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012