1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1995 chevrolet silverado unlock and lock remote??

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Stecky22, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Stecky22

Stecky22 New Member

Hi I just bought a 1995 Chevrolet Silverado c1500. When I bought it it didn't come with the remote that unlocks and locks it. I dont know if it has all the equipment for that. is there anyway that you can tell if there was one in it or not???
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

look at the tag in the glovebox. if you have a AU0 it means remote entry lock control, ie keyfob.
  3. Stecky22

Stecky22 New Member

ok thanks! if mine doesn't have one is there a way I could install one myself??
  4. Pikey

Almost any aftermarket remote starter or alarm system can give you keyless entry with the addition of a few relays. (Did it to my 1995) I know that a decent system should run you around $200 installed. You can find them cheaper, but the range will not be as far as it would be with a better system.
  5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

In 95 remote keyless entry became optional. But like pikey said, if your truck doesn't have it, a good aftermarket kit will work. My key fob broke so I'm down to just the key.
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

As long as the truck has power locks.
  7. Stecky22

Stecky22 New Member

all my glovebox has is a Ae7,AJ1, AM7,AU3,A20, and A31? but no AU0. does that mean I don't have it??
  8. Pikey

Do you have the old key fob? PM me a pic of it. I may have one laying around that I can send you.