1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1995 Chevy Silverado 1500 4L60E Transmission Problems

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by zoman1719, Dec 10, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. zoman1719

zoman1719 New Member

I had to retard the timing so the truck would pass emissions and it now runs much cleaner. Well as soon as I took the truck for a road test I come to learn that the trans is acting extremely weird. It is the 4L60E so there is no T/V Cable to adjust. Starting from a dead stop the truck would barely go. It was starting in 2nd or 3rd gear. Bottom line was it was really really low to accelerate with. It will downshift to first only when you mash the gas down wide open. It will then downshift and quickly shift to 2nd as the rpms are now too high for first. Once its running at highway speed it will shift just fine as needed. What threw me a curve ball was that first gear as all the rest of the gears ran completely normal when manually selecting my gears. I've never even heard of such a problem. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thank You.