1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1995 gmc 1500 sle suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by amsamu, Feb 19, 2010.

1. amsamu

amsamu New Member

Here's my question how much rust is to much rust...???The truck wasnt used for a year and was sitting well here tons of rus but the only good things are the body is in perfect shape...has everything working inside all power and stuff also has 127,000 miles on it but runs great.....but all the rust scares me what do u guys/girls think?
  2. Joeairforce

Joeairforce New Member

Pics would help to make a better judgment......
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Wheres the rust located and how deep is it?
    If it's just surface rust then clean, prime, and paint should suffice. If the problem is deeper then you have to assese it piece by piece.
  4. Gryphon

Gryphon Member

Any old Jeep guy would tell you that it's fine until the frame rots out.

I happen to be an old Jeep guy. You'll be fine until the frame rots out.

Take a screwdriver...a big one...and stab the frame and body mounts in any rusted places. If you make a hole, it's bad. Frame and body mounts aside, make sure the seat/seatbelt mounts are sturdy, all the safety things are strong. The drivetrain and suspension need to be solid as does the steering box.

The rest is cosmetic.