Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1995 Rear Bumper Replacement/Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by KirkW, May 27, 2010.

1. KirkW

KirkW Rockstar

The rear bumper on my '95 Suburban is rusting out. I can get an OEM replacement, but I like the newer Suburban's that have the trailer wiring socket built-in to the bumper.

(on my current bumper I removed one of the license plate lamps, enlarged the hole and mounted the RV7 socket there).

Does anyone know if a newer rear bumper will bolt up to a '95 Surburban? Or am I stuck with stock/OEM?

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I would measure the distance between the frame rails, and mabey someone else on here would be kind enough to do the same. I have the same model truck as your suburban and have a 10K lb, rear bumper and the 7 pin is built in but i know that was installed in 1988 with the truck at the dealer.. That might be a way to go...