1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1995 s-10

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by Sportclmb, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Sportclmb

Sportclmb New Member

All, I have an s-10 4 cyl manual 5 speed. All stock. Last week it began to act a little funny. On hard acceleration it backfires through the throttle body. Under light acceleration and idle it runs smooth as a top. I've replaced the fuel filter, air filter and checked the fuel pressure levels. All are good. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
  2. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey, a 1995 5 speed S-10 is a decent little truck with good mpg- AND PROBABLY PAID FOR- so you are doing ok.
    Your problem is fuel delivery(which you have covered a lot of), fuel mixture(vacuum leak), or ignition(dist/rotor/plugs/wires)
    I would check for vacuum leaks( hose leaking/cracked or actually off-look at brake booster hose etc).
    Then maybe eyeball your distributor/plugs/rotor /spark plug wires.
    Look at the wires at night-sometimes if they are bad you can actually see them arc-glow blue/spark etc.
    Maybe pull the plugs and look for a grunged up plug(but eyeball rotor and wires first)

Possible you got some bad fuel(water in it) or your throttle body injectors are slightly plugged(might try some injector cleaner in gasoline-or the fuel conditioner that sucks up water-but I kinda doubt it is bad fuel unless it happened a few miles after a fill up))
    Luck
    Charlie