1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1995 suburban 2500 sagging doors

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by kiaracer, Sep 24, 2013.

1. kiaracer

kiaracer New Member

Hey I was wondering what's the easiest way to fix my two front doors they both droop the passenger door is worse then the driver door any info would be great
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Could be your door pins. Worst case is the hinges are actually bad. A body shop should be about 50$ to change them depending on which one. Or you could do it yourself but its a big p.i.t.a.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

there is a company (I don't know the name) that sells a spacer. You pick the door up, slide the spacer in and you are on your way. Personally, I would just replace the pins as stated above. It is not that bad of a job if you have help and can actually get the old pins out
  4. rg79

rg79 New Member

Hinge pin and bushing kit. Like Pikey stated, it's not too bad of a job with help.
  5. estrom

estrom Member 1 Year

Pin kits are about $7-$10 per door and there are youtube vids that show you how it's done. Not that bad. The spring is the only annoying factor in the process.
  6. kiaracer

kiaracer New Member

Thanks everyone I appreciate the help/info