Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1995 Suburban k1500 High rpms no power

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Drinkin380, May 16, 2011.

1. Drinkin380

Drinkin380 New Member

Hello all new here hope you can help.

I picked up a 1995 K1500 5.7l 4x4 Suburban back in december its got 225k on it.

It has just started lagging/ no power 65 mph is all it will do and is shifting rough i have to get off the gas for it to shift and its running high rpms 3k the last tune up was at 205k on 10/09 just was looking for ideals of where to start.

Also throwing no codes
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Doe's it have the original cat converter? If so may be plugged.
  3. Drinkin380

Drinkin380 New Member

I have detailed service records back to 05 and i dont see the cat being replaced at any time know any ez way to check a cat?
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I believe there is some type of flow tester. also take a look at the cap and rotor. it has been going on three years since it was replaced just see how corroded it is and clean it up some if it is really bad. just another thought as well.
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

As Mike said there is a flow tester that goes in were the O2 sensor goes. Most muffler shops have these. If its a '95 with original cat I would replace it even if thats not the problem now, I'm sure its plugged up some. Also some shops have temp. guns that reads the exhaust temp before and after cat. I believe the temp differance should be about 100 degrees.
  6. Drinkin380

Drinkin380 New Member

ok thanks guys i got an appointment on thursday with a muffler shiop he said he could test it for me i got the hood up now and am checking the plugs and wires while i am changing the oil