1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1995 Tahoe - bogging down - no power

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by BluezMom, Oct 12, 2006.

Random Gallery Photos

1. BluezMom

BluezMom New Member

My 95 Tahoe has been giving me fits - we repair one thing and then something else goes wrong! Here's the latest issue that I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose: We just did tune it up, shortly thereafter, the rear end decided to go .... well, $1400 later, it now acts like it has no power. It's not really missing out - no valves chattering - it's almost like I got a tank of bad gas. When the motor is cold, it's not bad. When the motor warms up, it starts to 'bog down' - when I take off, at about 30 mph, and if I'm cruising in overdrive. If I run in Drive at a constant speed (65-ish), it doesn't do it. I checked eveything obvious to me - plug wires, vaccuum hoses, changed the fuel filter, etc. What else should I check? Is there something underneath that may have been unhooked while replacing the rear end that maybe didn't get re-connected? Being a woman and a driveway mechanic (out of necessity, not necassarily by choice) I appreciate any advise that any one can give me.
  2. chevyman1264

chevyman1264 New Member

Try replacing the fuel pump under the drivers door inside the frame rail, mine had this problem because the fuel filter was nearly completely stopped up...
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Fuel filter clog is a common problem that could lead to your issues. Give it a try and see what becomes of it.
  4. johnnybubu

johnnybubu New Member

also try catalytic converter