1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1995 Tahoe OBD 1, need help with programming

Discussion in 'Chevy Keyless Entry Remotes' started by foreveryoursjen, Jun 27, 2008.

Random Gallery Photos

1. foreveryoursjen

foreveryoursjen New Member

Hi all:

Can someone please help. I just got an original key fob but no instructions. Can someone tell me how to program it. Fob Model number is ABO0104T P/N: 15731442

I have a 95 Tahoe with an OBD1.

Thanks Much for any assistance. :glasses:
  2. ppettit2005

ppettit2005 New Member

your lucky that your tahoe came with a remote-fob. my suggestion is go to the dealer and get them to do it. there the only people I know who can do that.
  3. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro New Member 100 Posts

So your truck came stock with rke? if so :

Ground the pin on the bottom left the DLC (pin G) then press a button on the first fob you want to program, then the locks will unlock and lock and i think the glass in the back opens too (just incase your wondering why its open after you finish) then press another button on the second transmitter you want to program (if there is a second one) and remember if theres one programmed, every time you ground this pin it gets erased, so you do them all at once. after you press a button on the second fob, they locks will lock/unlock and glass unlock again. once this is done, take off the ground, and it will do the whole unlock and lock thing again to tell you it was done properly, as long as you got the right transmitter, should work fine!
  4. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro New Member 100 Posts

The DLC (the thing you plug the scanner into to connect with the truck) its pins are labelled like this

F E D C B A
    G H J K L M "G" is the one you want to ground

and also when you ground it at first it locks and unlocks i think as well to tell you it in program mode.

Good Luck!
  5. jrsavoie

jrsavoie New Member

Which pin - if there is one - is ground?

Can you just do a loop in the 12 pin connector?

Or do you have to go outside the connector for a ground?