1996 Chev K1500 Bench to Buckets Question

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by paramounttrucks, Oct 21, 2011.

1. paramounttrucks

paramounttrucks New Member

2. outalne94z71

outalne94z71 Member

my 88 k2500 had a full bench and when i swapped in buckets i had to drill the inner bolt holes, the outer holes were the same, i switched to the split bench after hating the buckets in a reg cab and everyone wanting to go mudding with me, i then had to drill new holes for that split bench as they were different too so i would say in your case you will most likely have to drill a couple holes as well.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Okay this might sound stupid, but you can do that setup without having to swap your seats. I have a 2001 s10 which had the 40/60/40 seat in it, I took the driver seat out which had the armrest/jumper seat hooked to it and cut the center piece out to make the seat look like the passenger seat. Then I bought a 98' Blazer center console and put it in between the two seats, and now I have 2 bucket seats and a full center console which cost me a total of $28.00 from the junkyard.

Also my best friend has an 04' Colorado that he did the same thing, with the same type of console. Might want to think about that as an option as well.