1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

    The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

    Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

(1996 Chevrolet Blazer Question): HOW TO CHANGE A FUEL PUMP

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by ChevyFan, Jun 29, 2007.

  1. ChevyFan

    ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

    Earn 2 Carma points for Best Answer!

  2. 84fiero123

    84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

    You need a special tool, any parts store has them. They come in a couple of different types.

    One looks like a pair of scissors with circles that open and close,

    The other comes in a pack of 4 or so, they are the same as you use for disconnecting AC lines, gas lines. Look like circles of different sizes.

    Ether one just slide it into the connection on the where they connect, it releases the springs that hold them together.

    Always check the o rings before reconnecting them. I think the manual says to replace them, can’t remember for sure though.
  3. unplugged

    unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

    Fiero is correct

    Yes, something like this from OTC:
  4. ChevyFan

    ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

    We've got to revive this thread from 2007!

Share This Page