Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1996 Cheyenne stereo install/removal.

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 96_cheyenne, Feb 3, 2011.

1. 96_cheyenne

96_cheyenne New Member

Hi. I just bought a 1996 chevy cheyenne and i am not good at installing stereos or electrical period. I was wondering if anyone would mind helping me step by step in removing/installing a new stereo. i'm hoping it's pretty simple. lol. thanks in advance.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have you tried Crutchfield.com?

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Also, welcome to the club.

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

VERY simple. There is one big dash trim ring, it goes around the steeo, the HVAC controls and the instrument cluster, be very gentle but just pull that off, it is mounted by metal spring clips. Once that is off there is two screw that hold the stereo to the dash, unscrew those and your done, just disconect the wiring harness from the radio.