1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1996 GMC suburban 1500 rear diff

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by ozjock5050, Nov 6, 2009.

1. ozjock5050

ozjock5050 New Member

Hi i live in Sydney Australia and own a 1996 GMC suburban 1500 LWB 4WD 5.7 lt 4 SPd Auto o

I blew the rear diff last week and i Have pulled it apart and its a mess

The crown wheel and pinion are the only parts not damaged i am trying to locate parts here in Sydney and around OZ but no luck so far I can buy the complete centre for $1500 but as i am a mechanic i can rebuild the diff no problems.

Can anyone suggest a site where i can get a rebuild kit as well as the centre sphere which houses the planetry and sun gears as its not repairable .

Any help would be great

cheers

Kenny
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Differential rebuild kits

I don't know if they ship overseas, but try jawsgears.com
    Complete differentials or just the parts.
    [​IMG]
  3. ozjock5050

ozjock5050 New Member

Thanks i see they have what i need but like you say not sure if they deliver overseas

Thanks for your help

cheers

Kenny
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Try these guys, I ordered and recieved parts from them a few years ago when I was stationed in Italy so I know they ship overseas. Thier a very reputable company with great service.
    http://www.ringpinion.com/
  5. ozjock5050

ozjock5050 New Member

Thanks i will give them a call

cheers