1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1996 silverado head lights, tail lights flasher problem

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Schultmg, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Schultmg

Schultmg New Member

I have a 1996 2500. Recently my left turn signal stopped working or so I thought. It works during the day but it doesn't work at night when my headlights or running lights are on. When I turn on my left turn signal my four way flashers come and the dash lights flash. Also when nothing is on when I hit my brakes the dash lights come on. I'm running out of ideas what it could be. Check all my fuses and bulbs and they were good. Does anyone have any other ideas what it could be?
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Sounds like either the directional switch to head light switch. The wiring on the 96 trucks is really odd. The side markers, what most call turn signals, don't have a direct ground they ground depending on what the park lights are doing. Both are controlled by either the directional switch or headlight switch. What you describing with the hazards going on with the left turn sounds like a directional switch issue.
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You have a poor ground, probably on the left fender.