1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1996 suburban

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by le4ge, Mar 18, 2009.

1. le4ge

le4ge New Member

I have a 1996 chevy suburban with 286000 miles on it. Its had a rebuilt aengine and trans. I put ball joints and u joints in last year. beautiful shape. but just recently the check engine light came on. I called a mechanic with the code it threw EGR i vacuum tested the EGR and cleaned it and put it back in same thing. so I thought the only thing left was the EGR solenoid. didnt help.It smells like its running really rich and idles @ 1200 rpm. runs a little rough. I forgot to clear the codes but this is what it has right now code32 and 35. I"m a small engine mech. not a car mech. please help
    thank you Tim
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. mjalstad

mjalstad New Member

Did you replace the EGR or just clean it?
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to the site
    may want to try and replacing the EGR
  4. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

You should replace the EGR, they are notorious for going bad.
  5. le4ge

le4ge New Member

I replaced the egr valve and solenoid, checked the wiring and vac. lines still get a code 35
  6. jlsparky7

jlsparky7 New Member

Try spraying your MAF with some electrical cleaner.

Just looked up code 35 its....

IAC valve or circuit
    idle speed control circuit(shorted)

The IAC should be right infront of or behind your throttle body. While you have the intake hose off spray the MAF with ELECTRICAL cleaner and the throttle body and IAC with CARB cleaner. Wouldnt hurt to hit it with some seafoam with the high miles.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2009