1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1996 Tahoe climate control

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Conlan Rose, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

My 96's blower controls seem to to be working properly. Ever since I put the truck on defrost/defog about a month ago the blower control wont switch back to face. When it is on the face setting it blows out of the defoger vent. The feet vents are working fine tho no matter which setting. I really need this fixed because me and my family are using my Tahoe to move furniture up to our other house in VT and going down the highway with out working a/c and fan will be torture. All other setting work on the climate controls except the directional control which won't change to face.
  2. msroll

msroll New Member

I have the same problem but it's stuck on the floor. Sounds like a door inside is stuck. I'm going out to work on it now.
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I fixed it by turning on the a/c Idk y but the second I turned the a/c on the vents started working right.
  4. msroll

msroll New Member

Pulled the Tahoe out to see what I could find. Turned the air on and off a few times and it started to work again.