1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1997 K1500 Suburban Trans filter O ring removal

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by wburress, Jul 2, 2011.

1. wburress

wburress New Member

How do I get the trans filter o ring out. I trashed the old one trying to remove it. Is there a special tool? When I was trying to take it out the rubber part shredded. I was unable to get the circular metal part out. I took the new O ring and was able to get the rubber part off of it then insert it into the old metal circular bushing. This seemed to hold the filter in place but I definitely want to get the bushing/Oring replaced on the next fluid change. Anyone got ideas?
  2. Bigg Ron

Bigg Ron Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!!
    May try a hook/ pick tool.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. I use a small screw driver between the housing and the seal and tap-it with a hammer until it crushes in, then grab with needle nose pliers.
  4. wburress

wburress New Member

Thanks I tried a hook and pick it didn't work. I'll try the small screwdriver and hammer .