1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1997 S10 Blazer 4.3L dies at random

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by murdog94, Sep 27, 2011.

1. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Hey all, as most of you know i have a run down 1997 S10 Blazer 4X4 with the 4.3L V6 and Auto tranny with 322K miles. Recently it had runnability problems when damp so i replaced the fried cap and rotor, and checked out a few other things that were just fine. After this it will die at random, mabey once when coming to a stop in a 70 mile each way trip. After it starts immediately. and runs great, and up until it dies it runs like new. So i am trying to get some ideas on where to go from here. since i was thinking fuel pump but the pressure is where it should be, and the FPR isnt leaking and is fairly new. the IAC is new, cap & rotor are new. So im kinda at a loss, and the thing is other than a little rust it runs great im not ready to scrap the old girl yet...
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Well i have found the actual culprit of my issues for the dying at random. It turns out that after 323K miles the ignition cylinders tend to get a little worn. when you wiggle the key going down the road (it is more like swing it around there is so much play LOL) it will die. if you push the key in with a little more force it wont.. Guess i get to tear apart a column here at some point!