1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1997 suburban a/c dash control switch

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by bsharles, Jul 17, 2010.

1. bsharles

bsharles New Member

I need to replace the control switch in the dashboard that controls the a/c blower....The high setting for the blower isn't working unless you wiggle it... does anyone have pics or know how to do this?/ Do I have to take out the dash? any help appreciated....Bobby
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just the front cover/surround that runs around your guages... pretty easy to do.
  3. Rywith22

Rywith22 New Member

Did you ever get this done? I have a similar problem with level 3 of the A/C. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. What would I need to do to fix that?
  4. Bougaev

Bougaev Member

So... I used to have a similar problem. First I fixed the block with a new transistor, but then I've just replaced it with a new one. It is a very simple procedure.
    You pull the frame of Your gauges, radio and AC control, disconnect headlight, transmission and rear hatch connectors and finally pull and disconnect the AC controls. All the procedure takes me approximately 15 minutes to do.
    If You need, I can take some pics and post it to You.
  5. Rywith22

Rywith22 New Member

Sure, if you could post some pics that would be great. I appreciate it!!
  6. Bougaev

Bougaev Member

Ok. I'll try to take some pics on weekend.
  7. bsharles

bsharles New Member

if you still have them ...yes I could use the pics.....was sick and just now getting back to fixing the a/c blower control......ty..Bobby