1997 Suburban Transmission question, Transgo Shift Kit

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by smasie13, Dec 7, 2007.

1. smasie13

smasie13 New Member

I have the problem with my transmission that after running at 50+ for an extended length of time the transmission will shift very hard from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 after coming off the interstate. If I shut off the truck for one minute and then go the transmission will act normal. I did some research on the web and found that some people installed the Transgo SK 4L60E shift kit. I purchased the kit and the instructiong that come with the kit suck. Can anyone on here help me out with some additional information on what to do with all these springs and clips? Any help will be great, thanks.

Chevy Truck Parts
    Chevy Transmission

2. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i done alot of that companys **** kits in other cars. just follow the instructions very close and read them 2-4 times before going out to do the job....mike
    PS-i always used the dash 2 kit and been very happy

3. smasie13

smasie13 New Member

Will the kit I purchased fix my problem or should I try and get the HD2 kit? I purchased it on ebay and the guy might let me swap it and some cash for the HD2. I found the directions on this kit very vague. should i do the whole shift kit or is there just a portion of it I should do to fix my problem? You wouldn't happen to live near St. Louis and want to install the kit for a few bucks would ya?
    Thanks,

4. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I can not say it will fix your issue (i not real good on the automatics with computer controls) but if i was to do a shift kit i would o with the Transgo dash 2. you might see if a local good rep Chevy transmission person would look yours over and see it might be a solonid having issues or out of adjustment and the shift kit would not change that. as the shift kit only changes the line pressuer to remove the time and slippage inbetween shifts and nothing else. if your issue is outside the shift timing and pressure then you will have the same issue after the install. i live in northern CA sorry.......mike