1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1998 c1500 Suburban fan belt -ACDELCO PART NUMBER??

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by phoebeisis, May 31, 2013.

1. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Active Member 1000 Posts

Anyone here know the ACDELCO part number for the fan belt 1998 Suburban C1500?
    leaving on long trip -3000 miles-June 30
    getting Suburban-223,000 miles- ready
    belts brakes hoses coolant change maybe transmission drain refill oil change (Mobil 1 10w30-hot climate)
    I would get the belts on ebay-but need the part number
    Thanks
    Charlie
  2. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member

6K870--W/O AC, 100A alternator
    6K875--W/O AC, 140 A alternator
    6K960--W AC, 100 A alternator
    6K966--W AC, 140 A alternator

As I finish typing the above I realize you needed this back a couple weeks ago... Well, if anyone else needs it, here you go! Greg
  3. phoebeisis

Greg
    THANKS- no I still needed it
    Our trip to Flagstaff- from New Orleans suburb-
    we leave Aug 3-so I have been dragging my feet on preparing the Suburban-
    Hmmm how do I find which alternator-
    just looked at it-I see 130 cast into it?
    I'll check the glove box codes-see what it says?
    Thanks
    Charlie
  4. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member

Should say right on the alternator (manufacturer label). It's usually 100A, 105A, or 140A. 90% chance you have the 105A but I'd double check.

Edit: by the way, the 100 or the 105 are considered the standard alternators and the 140 was the optional heavy duty one. The serpentine belts listed above should fit both the 100 or 105 so whichever you have you should be good. Also, duralast belts from autozone are cheaper than AC Delco and are very good. I put one on mine quite a few years ago and it's just now starting to show wear. Just my $.02 Greg
  5. phoebeisis

Greg-thanks
    My belt looks ok-forget exactly when I put it on-
    I'm going to get belt to carry "Just in case"

I checked my glove box code
    as you guessed- 105 amp code is K68
    ONCE AGAIN as you said 140 amp-option code 8A5
    and you are right 105 belt is 6K960
    ACDELCO is $29 ebay- cheapo brands are $13-guessing AZ duralast probably $15-$20-probably go with AZ as you suggest
    Thanks!!
    Charlie

PS Couldn't find the label- on the alternator?
  6. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member

Glad you got it worked out. My alternator has a label right on it that says 105A. Right on the topside hard to miss. I'm guessing yours fell off as it's just a cheap paper label. Common sense would dictate that somewhere on the alternator it's got to say the size... Greg