1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1998 chevy G1500 express lowered!

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by Matt Soares, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Matt Soares

Matt Soares New Member

1998 chevy G1500 express lowering Help.

Hey guys what's up! I have a 1998 Chevy express G1500, it's lowered sitting on 20's. it was lowered when I got it and the guy didn't do it right. He cut and heated the rear leaf springs and finally both of them snapped in half. I had them replaced with oe style springs now my rear is 3 or 4 inches taller than my front. I can't seem to find a drop kit or a flip kit for this thing with out botching the frame so I'm hoping someone here might know of one. Or if someone knows if the c1500 kits will work. Thanks!!
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  2. Matt Soares

Matt Soares New Member

Any help or ideas?
  3. Ruffus

Ruffus New Member

4. Ruffus

Ruffus New Member

P.S. I just did a quick cross reference & your rear shackles are the same part nuber as those for a 98 C1500 pickup which does have a lowering kit available, should be able to order just the shackles & hangars for the rear & be good.

Cheer"s

P.S.S. Got any pic's, would love to see one lowered with 20's on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I made a post before #3, apparently needs to be approved first :sign0020:
  5. Matt Soares

Matt Soares New Member

Haha I don't know why it's not showing the post? Hmm thanks for the info ill look into that I checked before and seen the shackles were the same but wasn't sure about the front mounts.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. Ruffus

Ruffus New Member

7. Ruffus

Ruffus New Member

Okay, I'm guessing these post's aren't approved yet because I'm adding a website link to them, just tried again & it also needs to be moderator approved.
    So just in case they get rejected for some reason, I take it you're building a motovan? :lol:What do you ride?
    Mines kinda like a motovan, but the main reason I got it was the hightop so I can gear up etc. without squirming & bending like I could as a teenager LOL. Made a hitch carrier or I can use my small trailer for more than one bike. Nice to have an instant bed at the press of a button for my multi day rides far from home, no more tent's :glasses:

If you want the link & it don't appear, I'll figure another way to get it to you. I believe Summit racing also sells these kit's.
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just approved your posts. Sorry for the delay [MENTION=53667]Ruffus[/MENTION] [MENTION=11842]matt[/MENTION] Soares
  9. Ruffus

Ruffus New Member

Thank you sir :great: