1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1998 GMC Sonoma

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by DangerXJ, Nov 15, 2012.

1. DangerXJ

DangerXJ New Member

Hi my name is John and I am on the verge of purchasing a 98 sonoma with 70K on it and a good looking body. I am wondering on feedback on the truck or potential issues I should investigate/look at closer before I purchase the truck.

The truck is a 98 SLE 4x4

Also does anyone know how large of a tire it will take stock? I believe the truck needs a round of rubber and I have a set of 31" tires from my cherokee wondering if they will rub or not; any feedback/thoughts highly appreciated.

Thanks and glad to have found this place

John
  2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C! I had a '93 S10 2wd and ran 30's w/o rubbing, so I doubt you'd have any problems w/31's. Good luck!
  3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

John, my buddy and I have had a number of those trucks (I'm including the S10 as well), we have had great luck with them. Most have accumulate 200 k or more and just required normal maintenance. I had the dreaded intake manifold water leak on the last one (but GM will tell you that it was my fault, mine and all of the thousands of others with the same problem); other than that, the ball joints will wear faster than normal and the fuel pumps fail at an above normal rate (IMO). But, overall they are good trucks.
  4. spac16

spac16 New Member

Don't know if you are still looking but i have a 99' Ball joints are going now at 90000 heat and ac minor repairs not real good on gas. But overall a great little truck.