1998 S10 Ext Cab Squeaking from under cab.

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by Fusefinder, Sep 27, 2011.

Newest Photos

1. Fusefinder

Fusefinder New Member

I replaced all my ball joints, and tie rod ends this spring. I am now getting a rubber on rubber sounding squeak. I hit all the fittings with grease again (upper, lower ball joints, tie rod ends, steering grease fittings) is there something I am missing?
    I hear the squeak while driving, turning wheels while stationary, and just entering the truck.
    Any ideas are welcome, Thanks
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Take a CLOSE look at the cab mounts, and the rear leaf springs. also the front bushings as well.. it is a 98 S-10 the rubber for the bushings drys out after time as i am sure you know and make fun sounds!
  3. Fusefinder

Fusefinder New Member

One of the areas I was looking at the lower control arm bushings...any ideas for a temporary fix to alleviate the noise to help isolate the problem?
    Thanks
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They make a silicone lubricant spray in a can that works WONDERS!
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would Check your shock bushings also.
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

When I first read your question I was thinking about the heat shield rattleing on the exhaust manifold. But than you said it sounded like rubber on rubber. I would check all that was mentioned before as well as add some lube on the sway bar at the rubber mounting straps.