1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1998 S10 Ext Cab Squeaking from under cab.

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by Fusefinder, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Fusefinder

Fusefinder New Member

I replaced all my ball joints, and tie rod ends this spring. I am now getting a rubber on rubber sounding squeak. I hit all the fittings with grease again (upper, lower ball joints, tie rod ends, steering grease fittings) is there something I am missing?
    I hear the squeak while driving, turning wheels while stationary, and just entering the truck.
    Any ideas are welcome, Thanks
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Take a CLOSE look at the cab mounts, and the rear leaf springs. also the front bushings as well.. it is a 98 S-10 the rubber for the bushings drys out after time as i am sure you know and make fun sounds!
  3. Fusefinder

Fusefinder New Member

One of the areas I was looking at the lower control arm bushings...any ideas for a temporary fix to alleviate the noise to help isolate the problem?
    Thanks
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They make a silicone lubricant spray in a can that works WONDERS!
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would Check your shock bushings also.
  6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

When I first read your question I was thinking about the heat shield rattleing on the exhaust manifold. But than you said it sounded like rubber on rubber. I would check all that was mentioned before as well as add some lube on the sway bar at the rubber mounting straps.