1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1998 Tahoe torsion bars are weak??

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by TomBoy, Dec 2, 2012.

1. TomBoy

TomBoy New Member

I have a 1998 chevy tahoe 4dr 4wd 5.7L. I have a 4 inch pro comp lift, New 315/75/r16 nitto terra grapplers a/t, upgraded from es 3000 shocks to es 9000. I believe my torsion bars are worn out because i can push on the front bumper and move the truck up and down atleast 12 inches or more. It greatly affects the way it handles.I am looking for a much stiffer ride and I have been looking for a heavier duty torsion bar but have had no luck, Any infromation would be greatly appreciated thanks. Tom-
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

You may be able to upgrade to torsion bars from a 2500. You would also need a HD sway bar. In doing that you should also have the rear be upgraded. I am surprised that your sway bars are that weak are they corroded?
  3. TomBoy

TomBoy New Member

No thier not corroded, they look fine. I would like to know what bars would fit my truck because i heard they are shorter on a 4dr tahoe. So would the Hex head stick out the front more? I have no idea..?
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I think the 2500 bars are the same length. The Tahoe may be a short wheel base SUV, but it has regular Torsion bars, also Suburban bars would be compatible I'm sure.