1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1999 - 2002 Hidden reciever hitch

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by donyms, Feb 4, 2012.

1. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have a 2002 Silverado with the stock rear bumper and I would like to know if anyone out there knows of a receiver that would not hang down so far, you know closer to the bumper itself. I really don't know, I would just like to find something a bit less conspicuous. A kit or something? I only use the hitch about once a year but I have to keep it, it is just so ugly. :lol:Any help or suggestions appreciated. I know I may have to move the spare tire.

More Truck 027rs.jpg

2. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/class_iii_roll_pan_hitches_by_hidden_hitch/4086.aspx?vm=r This was what I thought about from your question, but its for a rollpan & not sure if it will work with a regular bumper. Need a tag flip kit & I think a spare tire relocator kit with that type of hitch. I've been thinking about getting one if I get a rollpan but right now my bumper is hiding an ugly dent on the back corner of my bed lol.

Second time I typed a reply because I clicked "Reply to Thread" instead of going down more & clicking on "Post quick reply" Not the first time I lost a message that way:neutral: Anyways hope that either helps or gives you an option.

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

4. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thank you so much, that is just what I was looking for. You are a good man, I don't care what Steve says about you. :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Thanks allot for the reply, I thought about that before but didn't want to do away with the protection of my bumper. Down here you need a bumper at least to try and save your truck the way people drive. :neutral: