1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1999 5.3 silverado trans issues p 0753!!!!

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by jstephens, Sep 27, 2012.

1. jstephens

jstephens New Member

i have a 99 silverado 5.3 4x4 , had this truck for awhile now and the truck has not shifted good since i owned it meaning when i first got it the truck would not shift by itself out of 1st gear into 2nd , which i believe the 2nd gear was out but would shift fine through all the other gears with no slipping what so ever.i had a friend that works on trannys look at it and see if it could be just a selonoid and he said there was a nice amount of stuff in the tranny pan and didnt think it would help, when i went to get the truck from his shop the truck would not shift out of 1st gear regaurdless of what i did to try to get it to .. also had a check engine light on so i checked it and it was code p0753 .. could this be it or is the tranny shot???
  2. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

Your code P0753 is a 1-2 shift solenoid circuit fault. I would start there before planning on a rebuild. Could be a solenoid or a wiring issue.
  3. jstephens

jstephens New Member

so would that make it stuck in first gear only?
  4. jstephens

jstephens New Member

if the trans was all the way would it throw this code also??